- AC LEXtures for LSBC CPD credits
- AC LEXture: A Plain and Simple Language (recording)
AC LEXture: A Plain and Simple Language (recording)
A Plain and Simple Language recording
LSBC CPD including practice management & ethics hours: 1.5 hours
- Improve your written communication skills.
- Understand the communication triangle: purpose and reader interact to determine the appropriate message. The message includes necessary information, clearly stated, logically organized, and simply designed. Answer this: what is the difference between legibility, readability, and comprehension.
- Take away a greater awareness of communication needs and a list of guidelines for readable writing.
Cheryl Stephens, of Plain Language Wizardry, is the author of Plain Language Legal Writing, and Plain Language in Plain English, a guide to principles and techniques to shift to plain language. For 30 years, Cheryl has been a thought-leader and innovator in the international plain language movement. In recent years Cheryl has investigated the neuroscience discoveries that provide evidence to back writing advice.
She lives in the Pacific Northwest but provides coaching and training to clients all over North America and worldwide.